May 4, 2024 @ McNair Stadium Forest City, NC
Over the last several years, students across Rutherford County Schools (RCSNC) have joined school-sponsored running clubs that help them exercise safely and prepare for the Leader of the Pack 5K, and they are all extremely excited for this run every year as they get to compete against groups from other schools! In addition to student runners, families, individuals and groups from across the community participate in this fun event by running, walking, dressing in wacky costumes, donating, volunteering and sponsoring. Awards are given for overall and age group race winners, as well as to schools and community group with the highest participation numbers.
Student (18 and under) - $10
Non-Student - $25
Race Day Student: $15
Race Day Adult: $30
What makes LOTP special?
- It is the largest race on the ROC Series - 780+ participants in 2023
- Cross home plate of the Owls field to end the race
- Participation competition between county schools - the elementary, middle and high schools with the highest participation win the Golden Runner trophy
- Participants receive wicking performance t-shirts if registered before deadline
Packet Pick Up:
- Friday, May 3: 3:00-6:00pm at McNair Stadium - McNair Dr. Forest City
- Saturday, May 4: 6:00-7:30am at McNair Stadium - McNair Dr. Forest City (no registrations after 7:30 am)
- On-site registration opens at 6:00am & closes at 7:30am
- Top Overall Male/Female (1st, 2nd, & 3rd)
- Top Master Male/Female (1st, 2nd & 3rd)
- Highest School Participation
- The elementary, middle and high school with the highest participation will receive the Golden Runner trophy to display for the year. Students, faculty/staff, families, community members, etc. can count toward schools' participation numbers. Winning schools are determined by participation, not by race times.
- Community Cup
- Community groups, organizations and businesses are invited to challenge one another to rally the largest group to participate in Leader of the Pack! The community group with the largest group will receive a Golden Runner trophy and will be recognized on race day.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd male & female in the following age groups:
- 0-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-75, 76-79, 80+